While there are a lot of different supplements on the market, many men and women are going with mangosteen extract because of all the health benefits they can receive for a very reasonable price. We are going to talk a bit more about this “super fruit” and let you know why it has so many people excited.
It would be nice to be able to enjoy the fruit fresh, but for many this is not a possibility or can be too pricey. Luckily, the best part of the fruit – garcinia mangostana – can be extracted to put in tablet form that can be easily taken on a daily basis. This is the way a lot of people decide to take mangosteen extract because of the convenience and price.
What is Mangosteen Extract?
Mangosteen is a fruit dark purple on the outside with a sweet, white inside. It is native to Southeast Asia but grows elsewhere in the world. People who live near where it grows have long used it to help in a variety of ways, including helping with the immune system, clearing up some conditions and more.
In fact, the mangosteen rind has been used in Thailand as medicine to treat skin infections, wounds, dysentery and even diarrhea. They have used it for a very long time because they know it is safe and effective. Now, the wonders of this small, purple fruit are available to everyone no matter where they are in the world.
Up until 2007, the fruit was not able to be shipped into the United States in any form other than juice or extract because of the risk of fruit fly contamination. While this has changed, many men and women find that they best way of adding the power of garcinia mangostana to their daily life is with a supplement that uses the extract of the rind of the fruit.
Garcinia Mangostana Benefits
Here are some of the main benefits of mangosteen extract.
- Healthy Digestion – One of the big benefits of taking garcinia mangostana supplements on a daily basis is that they can help with digestion, making you more regular without harsh or dangerous chemicals.
- Healthy Skin – People also take mangosteen extract tablets to help their skin stay as healthy as possible. The supplement can make the skin more supple, soft, and pliable. With healthy, radiant skin, you can look years younger without expensive or dangerous surgeries.
- Boost Immunity – Another benefit of garcinia mangostana is that it can help boost the body’s immune system. This can go a long way in helping you stay healthy and avoid getting sick with the cold.
- Antioxidants – It is also full of antioxidants, which can help with energy and vitality. For those who are working out a lot and trying to lose weight, the boost of antioxidants from mangosteen extract supplements is a good thing.
Recommended Dosage for Mangosteen Extract
It is important to note that mangosteen extract supplements are powerful and should only be used according to the directions on the bottle. Having said that, many recommend taking a 100 mg to 200 mg dose of garcinia mangostana once per day with a full glass of water. It is usually best to take it before a meal so that it is digested better.
Women who are pregnant or nursing should consult a doctor or health professional before taking this or any other supplement. For everyone else, mangosteen extract supplements are a great way to get a little boost on a daily basis. Jam packed with antioxidants and with the ability to help with your skin tone as well, this is a supplement that just makes sense.
What to Watch for When Buying Mangosteen Extract Supplements
There are a lot of different products out there that have mangosteen extract, but you really need to be careful that you do your homework if you decide to buy supplements. It can be tough to find ones that really works. To help, we have a list of some of the things you want to consider before you buy garcinia mangostana extract tablets online.
- Guarantee – One of the first things you want to look for in a supplement is whether the company selling it offers a money-back guarantee. If the people selling the product do not believe in it enough to refund money from dissatisfied customers, what does that say about the product they are selling?
- Ingredients – When it comes to ingredients, you want to make sure the product lists them and that they are high-quality without a lot of fillers used. This may end up costing a little more, but it makes sense to spend the money on a quality product that will work rather than throwing money away on inferior products.
- Price – Paying the lowest price is great – for some items. When it comes to supplements, you want to make sure you aren’t just looking for the lowest price. This can lead to ordering something that doesn’t have pure mangosteen extract and you not getting the proper dose for maximum benefit.
There are other things to consider, but if you pay attention to these big three there is a good chance you will be able to find a great product that helps.
How to Take Mangosteen
If you want to enjoy all the benefits of mangosteen – aka garcinia mangostana – there are a few ways you can do it.
- Fresh Fruit – If you can manage to get ahold of some mangosteen fruit, you may be able to get some of the health benefits. However, most of the good stuff is extracted from the rind, so this may not be the best option.
- Mangosteen Juice – You can also enjoy the benefits of garcinia mangostana by drinking juice made from it. This can be expensive sometimes, however, and not easy to find in the local grocery store.
- Mangosteen Extract Supplements – Another way that a lot of people are getting the benefits is by taking a supplement with pure mangosteen extract. This is one of the simplest ways to benefit from this “super fruit.”
As you can see, there are quite a few ways in the modern world to get the benefits of this purple fruit without a lot of hassle – no matter where you live.